Monday 18 July 2011

With a little help...

Well with a little help, thanks to Anne for digging them up I am now eating my rather yummy salad spuds





Other veggies picked this weekend



Beetroot
Four types of Courgettes (now I did warn you)
Runners
Broad Beans
Mange tout
and Mellissa for drying...










And today I managed to pick a punnet of  blackberries and there are still a few raspberries to be munched too.

I am struggling a bit at the moment with my neck and back so not able to do a great deal, after the much needed rain the plot is rather a thick with weeds  but luckily on the whole everything else is doing ok too.

The hoeing will just have to wait...

but I did made a lovely Courgette and Chickpea Soup

1  huge round courgette
2  leeks
4 celery sticks
1 tin of org chickpeas
salt and pepper to suit
Parsley
Bouillon
Water

Rather yummy with a drizzle of olive oil, a chunk of rye bread and more Lebanese olive oil for dipping...

Comfort food for these windy wet summer days...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dolly
    lovely recipe.Your things are about the same as here. Courgettes, beetroot and pots.
    Looks lovely.I went way over the top cleaning house for departure. I planted everything possible from my greenhouse.
    Then I cleaned fridge and cooker etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always meant to try to grow round courgettes, I think there is one called 8 ball or something like it. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete