Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Abundance of Early July

The start of real abundance...

I grow four types of courgette the standard yellow and stripy green long ones...

























a round green one, fantastic for stuffing...

























and Trompet which has fantastic flavour used small as a courgette or let it grow big, harden and store... makes fantastic soup...

I had some grow to 75cm long last year and weigh nearly 2kg and still fab... the plants are prolific producing mad and often phallic shaped beauties...




















Some other things I'm picking at the moment...




I planted my runner beans out very early so have been eating them for a few weeks now... the French beans needing a little more warmth are just flowering...






















































































I grow a variety of Mange-tout that will also if left turn into tasty peas... they have excelled themselves.. next year I will have to build a taller frame...


























I do love Rainbow Chard, small in salads or gently steamed with a freshly poached egg...










































Here are some of the leaves, flowers and herbs I'm picking at the moment for my salad bowl...



























A truely colourful abundant time of year...

Enjoy










1 comment:

  1. Looks really productive.I am having a weird year, due to prolonged dry spells. Some things have stopped growing. After such a good start I am a little disappointed. Tomatoes are producing,beans are slow as are courgettes,beetroot, carrots etc. Lots of self seeded parsley.Flowers are very good including my chicory.

    ReplyDelete